View Single Post
Old 11-17-09, 01:10 PM   #73
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Torchlight [diablo clone]

So far, I'm digging it. I'm down to lvl 23, the 2nd level of the lava dungeon. The constant descending isn't really bothering me but I do see where the game could have been more visually interesting with more diverse terrain and surroundings.

It seems like it's more or less the same dungeon over and over but with a differen "skin" if you will over the floor/walls/etc. I can't complain though about that really becuase diablo II was the exact same way but that monotony was broken up by being able to go outside and that's one thing I'm missing with this game.

It's good to see a nice variety of enemies and they're staying challenging.

Kinda pissed that the vendors are now selling items that require me to be 3~4 levels higher than I am now. Seems like by the time I reach those levels, I'll have found something way better or they'll be selling lots of better stuff

I'd have also liked to have seen different ACTS like Diablo had where you go to a totally different area but I can see how that wouldn't really jive with the whole journey to the center of the earth plot they've got going here.

anyways, it's entertaining. I never played fate so some of this stuff is totally new to me. To me, it's worth the $20. Hopefully they'll have some decent DLC and maybe an expansion.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote