View Single Post
Old 11-25-09, 09:35 PM   #16
desperadus

Default Re: Update to 190.42 breaks Xinerama AND TwinView!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conky View Post
Are you sure you aren't using Lenovo's version of Nvidia's drivers on Windows? The nvidia website says this for the Windows drivers:
The following notebooks are not supported in this release:
3. Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
Yeah, you're right (you wish).
I am so dumb that I didn't realize I was running Windoze all these days!
These two operating systems look so damn' much alike that I can never keep them apart anyway.

And just by the way if, as you claim, NVidia doesn't support ThinkPads under Windoze, then how was I supposed to be testing their (supposedly non-existing) Windoze driver all last week and how the heck come I actually do have AN OFFICIAL NVIDIA driver on my Windoze partition (if they supposedly don't support it)?

You do know how to use Google, don't you?
Try this one for starters: "Thinkpad W700ds supported nvidia"
-> NVIDIA Display Driver for Win XP - ThinkPad W700, W700ds
-> NVIDIA Display Driver for Win Vista (64-bit) - ThinkPad W700, W700ds

Now lets try this one: Drivers and software - ThinkPad W700 and W700ds

Yep, I can see that NVidia most definitely does not provide Windows drivers for the W700ds...

By the way, in case you didn't notice drivers written for one Operating System don't run on another
Heck, in most cases they won't even run on a different version of the same OpSys.

Thanks a lot for the expert advise you (did not) give me today - another half hour of my life spend well that was :-(
desperadus is offline   Reply With Quote