View Single Post
Old 11-29-09, 08:06 PM   #1
betterdan

Default Sims 3 World Adventure solution to crashing on 64 bit system

I got the new World Adventures expansion pack for Sims 3, Saturday for my wife. Everytime she would go to another country in the game or try to save it, it would crash back to the desktop with no error message or anything. She couldn't play more than about 30-45 minutes without it crashing. I see a lot of people complaining about it online with no real solution.
I tried deleting her Sims 3 cache files, no luck same problem. I tried getting rid of her mods, no luck same problem. I then remmeber seeing on here where someone posted a fix for Dragon Age Origins which involved setting Large Address Aware on the executable. Here is the link with instructions on how to do it http://www.jaloonz.com/2008/04/enabl...for-games.html

So I decided to edit the the following executables (after making copies of them) using the instructions and CFF Explorer program in the link above to make them large address aware...

Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\S3launcher.exe
Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\Sims3launcher.exe
Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\TS3EP01.exe

Well holy crap that fixed the problem. My wife played all day with not 1 crash and she was so thankful to me she promised she'd be nice to me from now on (or at least the rest of the day )

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else has the expansion and is having problems like this.

Remember I am running Win 7 64 bit so if you have a 32 bit system you'll have to follow the instructions on that link for a 32 bit system after adding Large Address Aware to the executables.