View Single Post
Old 12-03-09, 12:22 PM   #9
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: I need some help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Ahhh, now I'm starting to get you. Things are a bit different in a medical facility than they are elsewhere.

In terms of downtime, its hard to tell without knowing how many desktops you have. The Active Directory software push scenario works well where you have a tech in the field that can restart the machine, etc, while you change stuff on the back end. Since you have no support team, this makes things a bit tricky. If you had a night/weekend/or any window of downtime, I think we could come up with a plan to make this work. If your operation is 24/7 its going to take a bit of thought on how to coordinate this. Is this operation all in one building? Separate buildings connected by fibre LAN? Or internet?

If I were you, I would go ahead and do the backbone idea like we just discussed. Even if you have 20-50 servers, it should only take you an hour or two to setup the additional NIC and hookup the switch.
We are all in one building--for the moment. We are going to expand, but I want things to smooth out before I go any further.

Ok, so I'm back at square 1.

I am going to:
1) Install the cables to the second Gb port on all of my servers.
2) Connect the cables to my Gb switch.
3) Enable the ports on my servers.

Do I need to use the same gateway that my other network is on?
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote