View Single Post
Old 12-08-09, 02:30 PM   #10
mustrum

Default Re: Upgrading from 9800GTX to ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
I don't think watercooling makes sense at all with the heat sinks that are available these days.

I mean, I've got a 1166Mhz overclock on a Q9550 with a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme and a cheap antec tri-cool fan.

It requires no maintenance, no special treatment, no modification of my case and it costs a fraction of what a good water cooling setup would cost.

As for your system, overclock the bejeezus out of that E8400, buy a Radeon 5850 and overclock that.
Bought my watercooling setup back when i bought a shiny new AMD Athlon XP 2800+.
I am still using the same setup 5 CPUs later currently cooling a Xeon Quad at 3.5ghz.
And it does nto require any sort of maintenance. It just runs and runs and runs.
I used to watercool my GPUs too but am back to CPU+chipset for now.
I got Two ATI HD 5770's on the way and wont watercool them unless they are loud wich they aren`t from what i read.
OC potential on GPUs hardly ever justifies watercooling them. It is worth it if the graphics card is loud though.

What i wanted to say though: Watercooling is cheaper then aircooling because you can use a good CPU cooler for 10 years.
Gigabyte 8800 GTS G92 (800/1944/2050)
mustrum is offline   Reply With Quote