View Single Post
Old 12-10-09, 08:14 PM   #13
Redeemed

Default Re: Should Nvidia add Eyefinity to their Fermi boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
Wrong. I know what features they are coming out with but cannot say due to NDA. Nvidia has NOT given up the ghost not at all. you will be surprised when you see their response to ATI . . .oh, it is going to rock.
I think you're over confident.

Even if the performance is significantly faster, cost of production indicates that ATi could still win them in a price-war. Granted, I do not know how much it cost nVidia to make each GT300 chip, nor how much it cost ATi to make each Radeon HD5k chip... but I'm rather confident it costs ATi less than it does nVidia.

Let me clarify this-

I'm not sure what nVidia showed you- but I am sure it was under a controlled environment. I highly doubt that, with how late to the game they are, that there could be much they could do to compensate for this.

Fermi could be 150% faster than a 5970... but if it costs an arm and a leg it wont sell worth crap. Not everybody has more money than what they know what to do with. Most folks are cutting back on spending, and nvidia needs to keep this in mind if they plan to sell any large quantities. ATi figured this out a generation ago- it's about time nVidia does the same.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote