View Single Post
Old 12-11-09, 08:38 PM   #1
toxygen

Question Driver realeases/vdpau info?

This may be a noobish question.

Which driver is considered the "latest" driver?
Quote:
Current releases
Current official release: 190.42 (x86 / x86_64)
Current prerelease: 190.53
Current beta release: 195.22 (x86 / x86_64)
I'm currently using 195.22 for x86_64, with libvdpau from the same package. I use archlinux, and the arch package for libvdpau is older than the one on this driver package (I based this conclusion on installing from both the libvdpau package and then from the files included in this driver).

My question is, now that 190.53 is released, does this have the features from 195.22? if so, then 190.53 is the latest, correct? if it does not have the features from 195.22, then what will be the difference? I assume both 190.53 and 195.22 have features that 190.42 does not have. My confusion stems from the READMEs (for 195.22 and 190.53) not referencing things from each other, or from 190.42.

The second question is about libvdpau, are the packages made by arch linux (and others) based on the files in the drivers released by nvidia, or is this also a separate package/versioning? I know, I'll have to ask the arch packager for specifics, I'm wondering what others are doing in their particular distributions to separate libvdpau. I'm assuming is from the nvidia driver packages (based on what the README for 190.53 says:
Quote:
# Modified the installation location and names of internal VDPAU libraries to conform to conventions and Debian packaging guidelines. New versions of libvdpau expect this layout. Compatibility with old versions of libvdpau is maintained with symlinks.

# Modified vdpau.h to increment VDPAU_VERSION, to reflect the fact that new features have been added in the past. Also, add the new define VDPAU_INTERFACE_VERSION.
could someone help me clear this up? thanks!
apologies if this has been asked before. thanks as always for the releases by nvidia!
toxygen is offline   Reply With Quote