View Single Post
Old 12-16-09, 08:05 PM   #38
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Default Re: Should Nvidia add Eyefinity to their Fermi boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanford View Post
What do you think performs the SLI Mosaic function if not the graphics cards inside the Quadroplex box? An Irish leprechaun?

Mind you I wouldn't expect any less than the replies MustangSVT (with a 4890 in his primary machine) has given. Da Nile isn't just a river in Egypt....

Not to mention the Quadroplex probably costs less than three price gouged ATi cards plus 6 display port monitors (notice the nvidia solution uses DVI). You can connect two extra monitors too.

Trust nvidia to do a job properly and ATi to half-arse it.
I'm not referring to using the entire functionality, I am simply referring to using 3 monitors. From what I read on another forum, you cannot simply purchase a Quadro card to use the Mosaic feature, you need the Quadro card along with some expensive special motherboard. The point is, let's say this SLI Mosaic feature does more than what ATI EyeFinity does. What me and most people at Widescreen gaming forum want is gaming on 3 monitors. It cost $300 to get a Matrox Th2go and the cost of 3 24" monitors. I can use it with ATI or nVIDIA. It is not perfect, but it gets the job done. The SLI Mosaic feature would run me probably $1000+ for the graphics cards alone, which I'd rather spend to get a good video card (be it ATI or nVIDIA). That's why this SLI Mosaic feature is clearly not really the same thing as Matrox Th2Go or ATI EyeFinity because it is cost prohibitive.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote