View Single Post
Old 12-21-09, 12:05 AM   #65
Xion X2

Default Re: Should Nvidia add Eyefinity to their Fermi boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
The feeling I get from the folks I have spoken to is that they (Nvidia) do not want to use PhysX for the express purpose of beating another company such as AMD but instead they really think it will be beneficial to games and gamers.
I'm sure that's the case to an extent, but don't think for one second that they're about to throw competition out the window and open it up fully for ATI for them both to share for the benefit of gamers everywhere.

They want to keep it proprietary; they want to keep it in their camp, because, albeit few, it does sway some into going with Nvidia cards over ATI.

Quote:
Who knows what will happen. I am all for standards because we as consumers benefit from that as well. Heck, I wish motherboard vendors would have standard hole placement for ALL areas where you can install water-blocks so you could buy one set (CPU, NB/SB, etc) and use those for several years. Same for GPUS.
Absolutely agree with all of that.

Quote:
Xion X2, I game, do modeling workups, and run a vet clinic from one box so I need it to do it all. I do have HTPCS around the house for movies but that is pretty much the only thing I do on other rigs. I want one rig to rule them all.
"One rig to rule them all..."

Yeah, so you would be in the other camp. I think there are many also like myself, however, who have two boxes and don't do everything on one rig. I like to stay somewhat energy efficient and not have dual grafx, water pumps, and 4.5GHz CPUs all running unless they need to be. Saves the wear and tear on parts, too. Just my $.02.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote