View Single Post
Old 12-27-09, 12:39 PM   #6
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd
Default Re: Configure my NAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siskods9 View Post
If you are comfortable configuring this router and Windows networking and Firewall settings all you need do is:
  • Assign your internal host (your PC) a static IP that is excluded from the routers DHCP IP pool but on the same subnet as exists on the inside interface of the router (see router manual P64).
  • Configure this IP address as a DMZ host in the router config (see router manual P32), caution though as this will expose your PC to the perils of the web, all ports will be exposed the world... (not good practice).
  • So ensure your personal Firewall (windows firewall) is running and blocking all ports except ones you allow for your applications.Good idea to also have decent Anti virus running with up to date definitions and Intrusion detection facilities if possible...
  • I see that a TMN Dedicated server requires the following ports:2350 & 3450 (both TCP and UDP) and ports 8003, 8006, 8007, 8011, 8012, 8013 and 8016 through 8021 need to be open as well (though the online resource does not specify TCP, UDP or both so I'd open both TCP and UDP).
  • Anyway you need to allow all the above ports through your personal firewall and you're good to go...

Oh yeah you'll most likely need to be logged on as an Admin on your PC (I assume you are) to change the Networking and Firewall settings.

The above is kinduv the quick and dirty route...

You could also do:
  • Assign your internal host (your PC) a static IP that is excluded from the routers DHCP IP pool but on the same subnet as exists on the inside interface of the router (see router manual P64).
  • And configure the router to forward the required ports to your IP
  • And configure your local firewall to allow those ports through...

TMN Quick start guide is here:
http://www.gamers.org/tmn/quickstart.html

Your router owners manual is here (See pages 27, 32, 64):
http://www.kjell.com/filarkiv/SUPPOR...al_English.pdf

Never played this title but have some networking knowledge... Anyhoo Happy Holidays!
+ 1 for this Post
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote