View Single Post
Old 12-29-09, 02:01 AM   #4
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: Does this look okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
It could be related to your motherboard.

My gigabyte P45 board overclocks much more easily than my P35 did. It had a lot to do with voltages.

Also, thoroughly test your system with memtest to see if you have a bad stick of ram. I had a stick that was screwy and removing it allowed me to crank my Q9550 from 3.6 to 4.25 with no problems (other than having to use an uncomfortable amount of voltage). I had no idea that one of my sticks was bad until I did this.
Thanks. I think I may have a bad stick of RAM. It gave me fits before, but I've never had a crash other then the occasional freeze here and there, which I thought could be narrowed down to my CPU clock speed. It could very well be the fact I am using a 780i board, but I know people have had a lot better luck out of this processor, mind you I got mine stable at 3.6GHz at its current voltage.

If I wasn't overclocking my RAM though, can it still cause this? Im going to run memtest and see again here in a few.