View Single Post
Old 01-05-10, 03:10 PM   #81
Sean_W

Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Windows 7 has been around for more than 3 months. I've been using it since last summer.

I've used linux for over 10 years myself. I've build my first mail server with Red Hat for a company I used to work with. I had security issues, and exchange problems out of that box for many years, and I've had experts to tell me that it was issues with linux itself--not the box that I've built.

Linux has it's moments, but it is not a good os for the desktop. For you to deny this makes you non-credible. Windows 7 is in it's baby stage of being in the public view and has sold more copies than even MS expected. I have 4 boxes in my possession that is running Windows 7, and NONE of them has EVER crashed in the 6+ months I've been running Windows 7.
Again your forgot to put, in your opinion at the end in regard to "but it is not a good os for the desktop". Linux has 35% of the Netbook market which is as close the a "desktop" OS as you're going to get.

BTW, It's a little known fact that Microsoft don't make that much money from retail sales. Microsoft make their biggest amount of money by selling to OEM companies, of which they have a declining monopoly on.

Have you used Linux as your primary OS for over 10 years like me? Wow. Why is it such news that your new OS hasn't crashed? It must be a new thing for Windows then, but even based on six months is nothing. Expect a couple of service packs though.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote