View Single Post
Old 01-05-10, 05:00 PM   #103
Sean_W

Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Once again, go look up the term TCO and how it applies.

Companies are still investing in Microsoft because, they get a complete solution at the same or LOWER TCO for the duration they are looking at (typically a 3 year SA setup, same with RedHat if they went that route).

Microsoft has been fined for some monopolistic behavior but the gist of it is, they have money so they are targeted. The single biggest monopoly (Apple) doesn't get targeted because, by comparison, they have a much smaller market share, even though they have strangled their competition through lawsuits and the like.

When a product is made more INSECURE because 3'rd party AV makers and others whine that they are going to lose money, that's when I lose respect for their stance. Likewise for the browsers (Mozilla, Opera) whining that Microsoft should install their browsers on THEIR operating system.

I will be interested to see how Chrome OS does, although I am not a big believer in cloud based computing with all my data stored out there, for security reasons.

Good for a laugh, not good for a power-user.
What market does Apple have a monopoly on? Microsoft go split up because they abused the market.

As for browsers, yes IE is at it's lowest share for decades(it's already dropped another 1% just recently) because finally other software have been able to compete.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote