View Single Post
Old 01-20-10, 08:06 AM   #30
Sowk
STEAM ID: OSE Killer

Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptkarl View Post
You NVidia fanboys really trip me out.....funny stuff. I'm not a fanboy of ANY brand....just buy the best at the time. I have a GTX260 216core vid card and have been very happy with it for 8 months now. But let's face it.....ATI's 5800 series kicks ass...period....end of story. I would buy one in a heartbeat if my budget allowed. They are the BEST right now....period.....end of story. Hopefully NVidia's new GF100 series will be competitively priced and perform better than ATI's best.......we'll see. Right now I'm not so sure that's going to happen. NVidia's ego, along with it's fanboys, has been hurt. You guys hate playing 2nd fiddle to ATI. HA! Isn't competition great!! It keeps the market in check.

Let's all be patient and see some real world benches before we make such silly accusations about performance and price. Try to set your NVidia fanboy egos aside and let the facts speak for themselves.

My 2 cents......

Kapt
The fact that you can buy 2 X GTX285's in SLI for less money and get ~ the same performance as the ATI 5970, doesn't show me a major win for ATI. Plus I get to use PhysX without a hack that I'm sure Nvidia will break in a future driver...

I wish they would make PhysX avail to anyone that just owns one of their cards and wants to use PhysX.

You can get the GTX285's for about $300 each new if you know where to look.
Sowk is offline   Reply With Quote