View Single Post
Old 01-20-10, 04:34 PM   #49
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227
Speaking of DX10 and DX11, the current state of the market says that we don't need it. All games are still on DX9, pretty much. Maybe the reason behind it are Consoles and considering the fact that Sony and Microsoft wont replace their Consoles by year 2014 tells me enough. We ain't going to see fully utilized DX11 by year 2013, speaking of which i don't think Microsoft will push any new DirectX with Windows 8.
You don't know what you're speaking about, it seems...

1. While DirectX 10 hasn't had too much of an impact (my guess is Microsoft has used it as a next-gen graphics architecture in comparison with DirectX 9, while DirectX 11 improves and extends DirectX 10 in some ways), DirectX 11 clearly looks like a winner.

2. In contrast to previous DirectX versions, DirectX 10 & 11 have updates in the SDK in a timely basis, no more need to wait more than a year to have a new revision, as soon as new features are created, they will be incorporated, so programmers just have to upgrade their DirectX SDK to be able to play with the features, DirectX 11, DirectCompute, XAudio, you name it...

Saying DirectX 11 won't be fully utilized by 2013 is non-sense, by that time we'll probably have DirectX 12 or further revisions for DirectX 11 like DirectX 9 had like a/b/c/whatever.

Quote:
I am glad Doom 4 is going to be using OpenGL, it's time we revisit OpenGL again
There's no reason for Carmack (et al.) to change their API, he's always been with OpenGL, but you're right... it's good to see OpenGL in action :P

Quote:
If you already bought Crossfire ATI setup with 5000 series and even though Fermi is going to be faster then ATI counterpart, it's not worth replacing it. SSD Drives, USB3.0, SATA 6, 6 Core CPU, a bigger Monitor sounds a better deal.
Now we have a clear idea about your priorities, but that has nothing to do with ours :P
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote