View Single Post
Old 01-22-10, 06:11 PM   #45
Bah!

Default Re: Star Trek Online Beta Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Boring isn't really something I can debate... you find it boring, I don't. I will call into question your complaint on the ship movement though, as I find it perfect. What is your issue with it?

And yes, I am sure my Trek fandom has a large impact on my love for the game. I said that straight off.
As far as the boring part, I just find it too slow paced i guess. It probably has to do with the fact that phaser combat in the shows is one hit and dead and you can't really have that in an MMO. Hitting someone with a laser beam every few seconds just doesn't do anything for me. The whole thing just seems clunky compared to your typical MMO.

For the ships, I just feel like they move slow and turn like molasses. Once again it's very slow. Granted, I not a fan of space combat in general, but the few games I have liked the ships movement was much better.

In entire game IMO just needs to be sped up in general, from the speed of ground combat, to the ships, etc.

I'm actually a fan of Star Trek, not a huge fan, but big enough the the universe alone had me excited. After a couple of weeks that wore off. I guess the bigger the Star Trek fan the longer it will take but I have a feeling that it's going to happen to a lot of people after the first month or two of release.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote