View Single Post
Old 01-24-10, 06:50 PM   #82
shadow001

Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytat View Post
You don't know that, I don't know that.

Since I like things such as nHancer, I'm more likely to go with Nvidia when I do my spring upgrade but I've already bought 2 x 5870 and a 5970 so I'm hardly taking sides. I'd be happy if they were faster than they are to be perfectly honest with you.

PS : One thing to remember is that Fermi is a single GPU, so if it's faster than 285 SLI, it'll be kicking ATI squarely in the virtual bollocks as it takes a 2 GPU 5970 to beat 285 SLI.

What does it matter if it's a dual GPU or a single one?....What matters is the perfomance delivered,and so far it seems below that of the HD5970 card,so if you're dissapointed with that in terms of performance,how would you be satisfied with Fermi,regardless of it being a single GPU card.

Maybe i'm getting old here,but that sounds like a double standard,and one that's been used ever since ATI released the HD3870 X2 cards about 2 years ago,and doing so while forgetting that Nvidia already released 3 dual GPU cards so far,ironically,to beat ATI's dual GPU cards in fact...
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote