View Single Post
Old 01-24-10, 10:48 PM   #88
shadow001

Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytat View Post
I'll stick to testing on a GPU vs GPU basis and you do whatever makes you happy. As usual, you feel this misplaced need to defend ATI from what you perceive as an attack.

You keep treating this like a competition but I'll remind you again that I own a 5970 (and I had 2 5870s before that). I would be far more amenable to ATI if they had an app like nHancer and their drivers were a little better.

I could go on and on but you'll keep thinking this is an argument that you have to "win" while I'll keep on enjoying my hardware regardless of who makes it

Happy trails.
I'm not treating it like a competition at all,just drawing on the different strategies by both companies that make your comparison on a GPU versus GPU,not only a competition,but you also assume the idea for both was to make the best possible GPU they could.

That is the case for Nvidia,which has a much larger transistor budget and is more expensive to make without a doubt,compared to what ATI did with Cypress,which is also the best they could do,but with lower limits on transistor budget,die size,and power consumption.

It's really that simple.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote