View Single Post
Old 01-25-10, 12:41 AM   #94
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!

Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Some folks here say the best card is the fastest card...period. In which case ATI wins w/ the 5000 series.

Some folks say is the best card is the one that has the best price vs. performance ratio. Again ATI wins w/ the 5000 series.

Sorry NVidia fanboys......facts speak for themselves....period. Now before you guys get your panties in a wad here, I currently OWN a NVidia card. I'm not chosing sides, nor am I loyal to a particular brand.

I just wish some people would quit looking at this w/ blinders on. See it for what it is. I hope the Fermi GF100 series cards rock the planet.......competition is a good thing for us all.

Oh, and before I get off my soapbox.....let me set something straight. ATI's drivers are EQUAL to, if not better than NVidia's. Quit using that as a crutch to justify NVidia having an advantage. In my personal experiences the last few yrs I've experienced MORE issues w/ NVidia's drivers than ATI's. Just saying from my own personal experiences. Now NVidia does have profiles.....ATI does not. But does that make them better??? uh...ur...no.

Back on topic........again I hope the GF100 series is a solid, fast and competitively priced product. We'll see...............................

I say, upon Fermi's release, throw the top dog up against ATI's best. And for us price minded folks, show price vs performance as well.

Kapt
16GB G. Skill Ripsaw DDR3 1600MHz memory
Powercolor 5870 OC'd to 949/1255
(OC'd only when gaming of course)
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA HD
Sony dual layer 16X DVD/CD Writer
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer
HP w2408h 24" monitor running @ 1920x1200 native rez
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
kaptkarl is offline   Reply With Quote