View Single Post
Old 01-27-10, 06:51 AM   #35
nicioan

Default Re: Rotation of only one screen (with TwinView)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walmartshopper View Post
+1, I've been wanting this too. I am both a gamer and programmer. Having a monitor in portrait mode is great for a lot of things... coding, documents, pdf viewing, portrait photography. But being forced to have two monitors in portrait mode greatly decreases the usefulness. Now if I want to play a game or watch a movie or work on a landscape photo, I have to rotate both monitors back to landscape and change my X configuration. It would be so much nicer if we could have the benefits of both landscape and portrait mode at the same time. This is something that not just consumers would benefit from either. Photography professionals could use this too. I usually have a mixture of landscape and portrait photos, and having one monitor in each orientation would be extremely helpful.

If this was supported, I would probably buy a third monitor. I would have one 1920x1200 landscape monitor in the center, with a 1680x1050 portrait monitor on each side. Or maybe the other way... portrait in the center and two landscapes on the side. Or even two vertically stacked landscapes with a portrait on the side.
+1
The above comments apply for me as well. I am a software developer using my laptop and have a second screen attached to it for coding. Since I cannot physically rotate my laptop screen, having both screens in portrait just doesn't work. I've also tried the X configuration option, but it causes other issues and is not elegant in any case.
nicioan is offline   Reply With Quote