View Single Post
Old 01-27-10, 09:51 AM   #92
Destroy

Default Re: ***Official Mass Effect 2 (PC) Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
So I gave the game a few hours last night and I gotta say, its awesome. Yeah it's RPG Lite now but lets be honest, the Heavier RPG elements in the previous title didn't work too well. Only fear I have is tht my character will be maxed out before even finishing the game. In my opinion a game that allows the player to customize their character shouldn't be able to max every skill in a single play through. They should have created something like Borderlands/Diablos skill tree.

I love the improvements to the shooting though, its so much better now. I actually feel like I have control over my characters accuracy now. The guns do need stats, thats a valid complaint... they have a difference, they aren't just paint jobs but without any stats its such a guessing game. I don't care about a lack of inventory system, I actually like how you pick your equipment but the complete lack of items is kinda meh.

I don't know why they removed armor though, yeah the player can choose his armor but its just stat bonuses not actual armor like the previous game. Worse is that you can't choose your squadmates armor which is just weird. I mean why is one character in the party fully armored yet everyone else in their PJs.

The games look is awesome. The graphics improvements is very noticable, character faces look better and the world seems more active and alive. I love how you travel from location to location now, gives the player alittle more hands on.

My last complaint and probably the thing that bothers me the most is the summary screen when you complete a mission. This just feels out of place in an on going story rpg, its better in a level based game like Serious Sam or just in one that the levels aren't connected or try to be. This kinda interupts the game and just seems out of place.

I know it sounds like im talking negative about the game but I am really nitpicking, overall the game is better then the original. Im having a blast with it.
Nice write up. Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a good action game. Not a deeper game from the first like I was hoping for but will buy this eventually on the cheap.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote