View Single Post
Old 02-12-10, 08:27 AM   #110
Wolken007

Send a message via AIM to Wolken007 Send a message via MSN to Wolken007
Default Re: NVIDIA GF100 Previews

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
Hasn't been confirmed. In fact just rumors thus far. No one can say rather the final version will use more power, or even run hotter. Its all speculations.. and even if it does all the above right now in its current phase, it may not be with the final product that the public gets. Them holding back all the information is nerve racking. Its either one of two things. The card is really crappy, or its good enough its going to blow ATI out of the water... Either way I highly doubt I'll be purchasing a crappy ATI card. I dislike them, and their drivers.

Further more this is an nvidia fan site, and I've seen way to many fan boys outside of this thread that have just blown up with how nvidia sucks, with less then 100 post, some of them fresh registered users. Some of these guys that have been here for awhile that have ati cards that is fine, but it just shows that loyality to a company is lacking bad. Its whoever does better I suppose. Nvidia has yet to sell me a card that has not been able to play my games, and run my programs smoothly. I don't play musical cards.. Some people have the money to do that, I do, but I can think of better things to spend my money on then upgrading for a 10% increase, and honestly if it does 10% better at any game then nvidia has still won for now as far as performance....

So at the risk of being flamed again. Thats all I got to say.
gulizard, people respond negatively to your posts because you don't seem to have a middle-of-the-road approach. It is perfectly fine if you prefer nvidia products over ATI. However, you fail to recognize that both companies have had issues over the years with different products. Plenty of users have both positive and negative experiences with both. I know the name of the site is nvnews and has focused traditionally on nvidia products, but that doesn't mean that everyone here has to be a die-hard nvidia fan. I have used both products over the years and will continue to do so. I welcome the companies competing for the performance crown.

You make a lot of claims about ATI products based on a seemingly limited experience from quite some time ago. For you to make claims like "ATI has crappy drivers" and "ATI doesn't do AA as well as nvidia" and "Eye Affinity (which by the way, is actually Eyefinity) is overkill and worthless" without having used ATI's current generation of products is ridiculous. If you are loyal to nvidia and want to buy their product no matter what, that is fine -- just don't make claims about products that you have no experience with.