View Single Post
Old 02-14-10, 05:43 PM   #32
reddemon666

Default Re: Linux backlight driver

Hey damdim,

Thanks for the quick reply. In the meantime, I had updated my drivers from nvidia version 190 to 195, and recompiled the nvidia_bl module, I'm not sure if that helped in any way, but I managed to get the brightness working using your suggestion of using different values of brightness, so far without the Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 keys. My brightness levels range from 0 to 10.

I am using Ubuntu Karmic x64. The number that is returned after initially executing
Code:
cat /sys/class/backlight/nvidia_backlight/brightness
is 127.

I then tried
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal  /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_backlight org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.LaptopPanel.SetBrightness  int32:0
and it dimmed the display to the lowest level

I also tried keptile's suggestions as you mentioned in your previous post, and when I enter
Code:
chbrn 0
it does the same, and dims the display to the lowest level, as well as to other brightness levels by trying different values using the range 0 to 10.

The Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 keys don't work.
I even tried to change the levels in the sony-brn-down and sony-brn-up scripts provided by keptile, but I had no luck.
I check the events using acpi_listen, and they are correct for the sony-brightness-up and sony-brightness-down scripts

Do you or keptile have any suggestions I can try?

Thanks for the help so far
reddemon666 is offline   Reply With Quote