View Single Post
Old 02-18-10, 08:25 PM   #2
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Default Re: Nvidia may be in trouble according to this article

Sounds like kind of a counter-measure against this: Geforce GTX 480 to be as hot as GTX 285

Maybe... maybe not. While I don't appreciate Charlie Demerjian's writing style, I have to admit he has been somewhat accurate about what he told about the need of an A3 revision and some other things... so I don't know what to say...

For me, it's the same as I said... I just expect Fermi to be a refresh of my current graphics architecture, I would consider myself more than satisfied with 'just' 512 cores even if they end being lowered in clocks.

Heck... my current GTX260 is clocked at 576MHz so in naive terms, I have 216 cores @ 576, as long as I can get my hands on the 512 core version, I wouldn't mind even having them at the same clocks (even 550 would do ok for me, I don't pretend to have an ATI-crushing machine, competition does nothing for me, I just want a home media+gaming machine).

What keeps me intrigued is the TDP... That would be the only real showstopper for me... more than 250W and... no, thanks.

Other than that... we'll have to wait and see :P

Just my 2 cents.

Julio
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote