View Single Post
Old 02-18-10, 10:59 PM   #10
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Nvidia may be in trouble according to this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
saying the GPU will be out by X date is a lie? you have proof he knew it was going to be delayed when he said that? Proof? When I wrote software sometimes I would release it when I said I would and sometimes I got it out after my estimated release date. It happens. Does not mean I lied.
Darth, in a manner of speaking, yes.

Much like the NV30 setup, the whole thing of "wait till this date, do NOT buy the other product, ours will be out by x date and will be faster and better".

It's not marketing, that's just lieing to prevent someone from buying a superior product that is out on the market now. Whether or not Fermi is faster whenever it is released is moot because their competitor has had a faster product out now for 6 months or so and the only response has been to lie to potential buyers to prevent them from going out and getting something else.

In this case, there is no indication anywhere that Nvidia even tried to get their card released by November of last year so, unfortunately, that would classify what he said as being a lie.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote