View Single Post
Old 02-19-10, 03:35 AM   #7
piojo2

Default Re: Quadro FX 880M Stability Problems

I've just bought a W510 with the Quadro FX 880M, and it's working so far. I'll describe my system setup and usage in hopes that it may shed some light on the situation:

I'm using Arch Linux with xfce (not gnome). I installed nvidia-beta 195.36.03-1 and nvidia-utils-beta 195.36.03-1 (these packages are from the "archlinux user repository", the main collection of 3rd party packages). I got my xorg.conf file by running nvidia-xconfig. X has been running (but not in constant use) for 6 hours. I have briefly tested some of the 3D screensavers that come with xscreensaver, and I have used mplayer with VDPAU. Online flash videos play fine.

Here is my Xorg.0.log file. The only interesting part is that the nvidia driver encounters an error when it tries to communicate with acpid, which isn't running. There's a scary-looking error at the end, but that only happened when I used mplayer to do stress testing (and it did not crash the X server). Here is my computer's sudo lspci -vvv

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help shed light on this problem!
piojo2 is offline   Reply With Quote