View Single Post
Old 02-19-10, 12:29 PM   #24
shadow001

Default Re: Nvidia may be in trouble according to this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
Did he say it was not a prototype? Did he say it was a functioning unit? Like I said, I HELD prototype units in my hands a month after that video (at least that is my guess according to the date on youtube) and it did not 'appear' to be superglued and all. I also got to learn about alot of cool things, one being the multi-monitor 3d Honestly I was hoping Intel would have their Larrabee out (I even applied for a marketing job for that project a year or two ago - back when it was a go).

The funny thing about all this is that I do not see why people get so damned worked up. It is just hardware. There are better things to get pissed about. This is how I see it and I am more involved in this industry than most if not all of you. Perspective.

if you want to bitch about a crooked CEO . . .or former . . .
http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/02/e...s-chairman-am/

A prototype is still a working sample no matter what,even if it isn't operating at whatever the final specifications that the retail cards would have been working at....That card wasn't working in any shape or form and didn't even have a Fermi GPU in it to begin with,and Nvidia's CEO never said it was a mockup of what fermi will look like....He simply stated this was fermi right here,which is a big difference.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote