View Single Post
Old 02-20-10, 02:24 PM   #35
Lyme

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat View Post
It's surprising that people are actually surprised by this.
Surprised no, slightly irritated sure.

Quote:
the PS3 is quite a bit more powerful than a 360... no surprise this game will look alot better on a ps3.
Not really, both consoles are quite comparable. Many cross platform developers have said as such, it is generally only those with vested interests that say otherwise.

Quote:
Just like every other final fantasy game in the last decade it was designed for a playstation. They have always had a history of maxing out the system they're on and this one is no exception.... it just happens to be taht they went multi-platform and the xbox 360 has a much lower ceiling for performance.
Interesting interpretation, I'd characterize it as they put significant development time into the ps3 version and did a shoddy port to the 360.

Quote:
And yes, tons of people are looking forward to this game. The Final fantasy series, and cult following is much much bigger than any xbox fanboy can appreciate. It is much bigger than Halo or any other "big" game you can think of for any system. This is the ultimate franchise in the console world when looked at in a world-wide perspective.
Is it bigger than Halo? By sales?

Quote:
You don't believe me? Just wait until FFXIV comes out and eclipses the "biggest MMO" ever... WoW. The release of that game is what I'm really excited for
WoW has a membership base of 10+ million (not including China), while FF has a large fan base I'm doubtful it will eclipse WoW. We can check sales numbers after the release.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote