View Single Post
Old 02-20-10, 04:04 PM   #40
Rollo

Default Re: Nvidia may be in trouble according to this article

XionX2-
I agree we don't need to have an "ATi vs NVIDIA" battle. First and foremost, there's not a lot to discuss till everyone can buy a Fermi and the benches, final clocks, etc are known.

Second, I don't think we really have anything to argue about on the features front- NVIDIA just wins that hands down.

They have 3d Vision that can be used with a variety of LCD monitors, projectors and television.

They can do "Eye-finity", they can do it in 3d as well.

They can run C++ native and are on the forefront of GPGPU, with many handy apps already on the market.

They're the only game in town for hardware accelerated physics effects.

They're the only solution that offers total flexibility for multi GPU, with open profiles. Games launch with profiles rather than users waiting for a patch.

They have the only automatic switching graphics for lap tops.

UE3 engine games get AA.

Compared to that all ATi has:

They offer 6 panel as well as three panel Eyefinity.

They offer some home theatre capabilities, for those who have costly video cards but lack a blue ray player.

They have support for IZ3d monitors.

And that's it for the differences. I agree Joe Public may not use half the stuff, but wouldn't you want it available even if you didn't?

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote