View Single Post
Old 02-21-10, 10:30 PM   #90
Rollo

Default Re: Nvidia may be in trouble according to this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
The main reason for the painfull birth comment is that ideally,i'd like to see comparisons between both ATI and Nvidia cards before making a final decision either way if i were a consumer that doesn't really care which brand he owns as long as it's the fastest available for that particular time period,and i'm positive that Nvidia would want it that way too.

Like it or hate it, ATI won this round because it's competitor simply wasn't there to begin with,even if we disregard just how much HD5970's kicks ass in raw performance,and it's really that simple...Nvidia missed that train and it's long gone.

In the earlier years,i used to get all worked up about 10~20% performance differences between one card and the next,but these days,given the massive amount of performance available,especially in multi GPU setups,it's all pretty academic since it's far beyond what actual games are using anyhow,so i'd only be interested in an upgrade once setups eventually get 100% faster than what this Quad HD5970 setup can do,and the crazy part is that for all i know,it might happen late this year or early next.

As for UE3 games,i can force AA thru the control panel even if the games don't allow it thru their own in game graphics options list and have a massive amount of rendering power available to do it that way,even if it isn't as efficient in terms of performance.

As for 3D glasses or in game GPU physics,you know and i know it'll only truly take off when there's unified standards for those that work across all hardware,no matter how hard Nvidia tries to push those,and developers also know this.
I'll give you an "A" for trying, but what is it you think you're "winning"?

You or I aren't going to change each others opinions, and we won't change the opinons of people reading this, so is there a point to your speculation and FUD?

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote