View Single Post
Old 02-22-10, 05:27 PM   #7
Rollo

Default Re: nVidia unveil at Pax East

Quote:
Originally Posted by top3koms View Post
I just cannot believe Nvidia made an announcement to make an announcement .I will eagarly await the cards but strictly because ATI just does not offer as much.If ATI had some sort of physics engine or customizable game profiles I may be looking to that camp.For now I will just have to be happy to wait and hope for the best.
NVIDIA did not "make an announcement to make an announcement".

That is the day you can buy the cards, NDA ends. The "announcement" was to inform the public this product is being hard launched at PAX East, you can buy one there if you wish.

The whole gaming world has been speculating about the date this card launches, NVIDIA told them today.

Now anyone who wants to buy a HD5870 in the next 32 days can at least decide whether they want to wait the 32 days and have a NVIDIA option in their buying choices.

When you're considering spending $400+, 32 days is not that long to wait. If it's too long to wait, my opinion is "for one month of having the best single GPU card out, the user traded eleven months of having the best single GPU card". Because the GTX480 is faster than a HD5870, has more features, and is an evolution in GPU arch.

The 5870 is going to look kind of, well, "pale" in comparison very soon. (sooner yet for some of us!)

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote