View Single Post
Old 02-23-10, 08:06 AM   #37
Rollo

Default Re: nVidia unveil at Pax East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
I like how you trash ATI for tactics NV invented. At least they had the courtesy to release benchmarks on the 5870 2-3 weeks before it came out, I guess NV isn't that confident though.
Could be they're confident that based on what they've shown so far at CES people won't buy 5870s.

Could be they feel their feature set is strong enough and ATi's weak enough they won't buy 5870s.

Could be they just gave up on the paper launch strategy after deciding the negative buzz it generates outweighed the positive.

Could be that as the market leader in discrete desktop, by far, for so many years they don't care what ATi does.

Could be they don't want to tip their hand to ATi so they can make adjustments to clock/voltage/hsf on their refresh while NVIDIA is waiting to launch.

Could be something I'm not considering. In any case, it's their business, they didn't have to sell it and then remain number 2, so I guess I'll trust that they know what they're doing.

Not like I could change it anyway.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote