View Single Post
Old 02-23-10, 11:01 PM   #77
JasonPC

Default Re: nVidia unveil at Pax East

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
HD 5700/5800 cards launched with 300 000 cards combined,and they still ran out of them in the first week,then it took several more weeks for a higher volumes to become available.

Hell,even my cards,which i ordered a pair when the NDA officially dropped on november 23rd,and i ordered thru NCIX,which listed 5 of them in stock,and their stock numbers are updated every hour btw.

when i started filling the order and adding my credit card and shipping details,the inventory was updated just before and those 5 were gone already,and i had to wait 2 weeks to get them(early december),and that's me pulling the trigger as soon as the NDA dropped....What little they had flew off the shelves basically.
That's not such a fair comparison because it includes the 5700s which I believe were much more plentiful than 5800s/5970. In other words that number is split up into quite a range of cards. Also don't you have 5970s? That also is a bad comparison as they are still as rare to find today as they were when there were yield issues because AMD is just not mass producing them because of the hit on profit margin with them. Again we don't know how many of these are going to be at launch but I'm willing to bet it will go a bit smoother than AMD's launch because, if nothing else, TSMC's 40nm fabrication process has had time to mature.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote