Originally Posted by trivium nate
- Game is set three years after Crysis and Warhead
- You play as Nomad
- Aliens have invaded major cities including London, Tokyo and ofcourse, NYC.
- Spaceships will be patrolling the skies.
- You can scan corpses to gather information about the story/world.
- They are making a backstory for the game world.
- The game world will be much larger compared to Crysis
- Four Nanosuit modes: Armor, Power, Tactical and infiltration
- Tactical mode allows players to collect information from the environment much like the detective vision in Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Strength mode + Speed mode = Power mode
- Infiltration mode cloaks the player, and also makes him move slower and quieter
- Tactical Mode: Ambient sounds are supressed and you can eavesdrop on conversations.
- Armor Mode: Movement becomes "Heavier" and bullet impact noises are different
- Power mode: Player uses fists instead of weapon's butt for melee.
- There will be an RPG-like upgrade system for your suit that gives you abilities such as seeing silhouettes of enemies through walls in tactical mode, deflecting bullets in armor mode, etc.
- There may be remaining citizens who populate the city, despite the crisis. Weapon/Equipment merchants, maybe?
- There may be HUD/visual elements that always indicate to the player of the suit mode he is currently in.
- There will be a new faction that the player will be up against, and they're not Korean. These guys in the screenshot might be them.
- Vertical Gameplay. You can climb buildings, jump in through their windows, slide down craters.
- New york was not chosen because of alleged console limitations, but because Crytek wanted to avoid making yet another jungle game after they had done three already.
- Crytek have tried to actively avoid of using dark dystopian colors and tones that have been plaguing many games these days.
EA has confirmed
that all their games 2010-11 will have DLC. Crysis 2 being one of them.
Interviews with Cevat Yerli and Nathan Camarillo here.
Info courtesy of InCrysis
DAMN, this game is going to kick ass.
The first one had a few week spots but was an excellent game.
Adding more depth to it is an awesome idea though. Its very rare for a sequel to actually get MORE features these days. Games are usually stripped down to the most popular features with every release.
After reading this feature list I think this game might be one of my most anticipated games right now. I'm still waiting for a GF100 to play through Warhead though.