View Single Post
Old 02-28-10, 11:55 AM   #34
Rollo

Default Re: I know nobody really knows but is a GTX480 going to be faster then a HD5970

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Actually it's pretty much split 3 ways between intel/Nvidia and ATI overall....Even though by modern standards,Intel built in graphics within it's chipsets suck hard on both performance and features,and the last dedicated video card intel relased was the i740 way back in the Nvidia Riva 128 days(NV 3 GPU i think).
ATi fans always want people to think ATi is a big player in the market, and that whenever ATi releases a new card "NVIDIA is doomed!"

And then when the dust settles after all this ATi p3wning, we see that ATi is just a bit player in the market (like their owner AMD):

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...market-share/1

So after 9 months of supposed ATi "triumph" due to GTX2XXs being "too hot, too expensive" and "WTF?! Rebrand!", NVIDIA cards were still outselling ATi cards over 2:1.

And then of course there was Q4 2009, where even though ATi had good supply of DX11 parts, 5770 and below, sporadic good supplies of 5850/5870s, and highly competive DX10.1 products, they lost discrete marketshare again.

http://www.techeye.net/chips/nvidia-...-without-fermi

So it looks like no matter WHAT ATi does, people don't seem to care.

My theory is this is why we see people like you on the forums working so long and hard to prop up ATi and post FUD about NVIDIA. It's all they can do. Now after Fermis launch we'll surely be treated to "But ...but..they cost more to make! I want a chip that's efficient to manufacture!" or "But they cost too much! Radeons are a darn good deal".

While this lament goes on, NVIDIA will dominate the market as usual.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]