View Single Post
Old 02-28-10, 01:45 PM   #38
Rollo

Default Re: I know nobody really knows but is a GTX480 going to be faster then a HD5970

The PhysX games I have are Cryostasis, Darkest of Days, Batman Arkham Asylum, Dark Void, Unreal Tournament 3, GRAW2, Warmonger,and Mirrors Edge.

Cryostasis is playable with PhysX on if you have a good system and a dedicated PhysX card.

That's eight games I own that are made a lot better by PhysX effects, not an insignificant number. And of course more are in development as we speak.

I don't know why anyone would lock themselves out of PhysX by purchasing an ATi card at this point. It's clear developers are using PhysX to take their games to the next level, why would anyone want to be stuck with the same ol' same ol'?

Just a few short weeks now until people really will only have price as a reason to buy ATi cards, because NVIDIA cards will be doing everything ATi cards do, and so much more. I'd be surprised if ATi sells a 58XX card in March, or many thereafter.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]