View Single Post
Old 02-28-10, 05:15 PM   #52
shadow001

Default Re: I know nobody really knows but is a GTX480 going to be faster then a HD5970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Better than your argument against it.

What you ATi guys have never got about the "open standards" line of reasoning is that it doesn't matter if open standard someday replace the proprietary standards.

The guys with the proprietary standards features still have them, and the open standards. So they're covered, while ATi buyers have to watch that Terminator Salvation video and think "Crap. When that game launches I'm going to have to play it with far less visual effects, because I bought this ATi card."

Or in a few weeks when I'm posting about 3D Surround and what it does for games, again they'll have to think "Crap. I can't do that because ATi can't figure it out."

NVIDIA owners aren't excluded from anything. (or at least they won't be when Fermi launches in 26 days) ATi owners have to mumble, "Well those effects aren't good anyway" or "Who needs AA? Someday ATi will patch it!" or "That 3d stuff is a fad, who cares what CES was all about this year?!" or "It's no problem switching the discrete graphics off and on by hand in my notebook, why would I want that to be automatic?" or "Who needs those CUDA apps, someday someone will write something for ATi!" or "Why would I need access to my multi GPU profiles, and why don't games launch with a profile".....

The list just goes on and on and on and on.

The reason ATi never gains any market share is they have no money to offer the public the features the public wants. They just cough up the same stuff year after year, but faster, and think people don't notice what modern, full featured video cards can do.

Probably the best thing that could happen to gamers would be if the Middle East finished buying AMD and actually pumped some money into R&D.

Yup,offering DX11 6 months ahead of super Nvidia,or the best performance period or using 3 monitors in gaming,using a single card,or being the first cards with directX 10.1 compliance,starting with the failed R600 CPU.....But hey,they're always broke and have no money for the features people want according to you....