View Single Post
Old 02-28-10, 04:37 PM   #54
XMAN52373

Default Re: I know nobody really knows but is a GTX480 going to be faster then a HD5970

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
But what eventually happened?....DX got better,OpenGL went by the wayside for games,and starting with DX10,all features because mandatory to support in the standard,with no possibilities to support extra features at all,so GPU makers can't make their cards add that special something in terms of graphics features anymore.
JC still uses OGL for his code.

Quote:
So what does Nvidia do starting in 2008?,add physics support and 3D vision,which have nothing to do with microsoft standards,in order to make their products seem special to less experienced users...Same ****,but slightly different smell when compared to what happened with the graphics standards getting unified thru Direct X10 for everybody.
Yes, so much so that ATI has added the 3D part to their cards with 10.3 drivers and are STILL working on trying to get an OCL version of GPU based physics out.

Quote:
And apart from the NV1,there was also the NV30,and it remains to be seen how fermi shapes up,and that Nvidia also no longer has a licence to make a chipset for intel for the i3/i5/i7 platforms,only the older prescott CPU's....Keep that in mind
Ah, that has yet to be settled in the courts. Nvidia has i3/i5/i7 based chipsets waiting to be made into silicon and sold based on the out come of that court case. Try not stating things as fact when stuff hasn't been settled yet.
8GB DDR2 PC8500
Windows 7 U x64