View Single Post
Old 02-28-10, 05:44 PM   #55
Rollo

Default Re: I know nobody really knows but is a GTX480 going to be faster then a HD5970

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
No i'm not,just old enough to have seen the birth of 3D graphics for home systems from the very start,and the bull**** marketing departments perform to make their hardware look special compared to the competition,even when direct X sucked hard and didn't support enough features compared to Glide or either OpenGL,and GPU makers always added that something extra in the graphics features dept.
Is that what made you decide to take up marketing? By that I mean your main contribution in the GF100 forums seems to be linking or repeating Charlie D's FUD. So are you ATi staff, or just an amateur?

Quote:
But what eventually happened?....DX got better,OpenGL went by the wayside for games,and starting with DX10,all features because mandatory to support in the standard,with no possibilities to support extra features at all,so GPU makers can't make their cards add that special something in terms of graphics features anymore.
Apparently not. PhysX, 3d Vision, CUDA, AA for UE3 engine games, TWIMTBP, Optimus - all add value to the users experience that people are willing to pay for, and wait for.

Quote:
So what does Nvidia do starting in 2008?,add physics support and 3D vision,which have nothing to do with microsoft standards,in order to make their products seem special to less experienced users...Same ****,but slightly different smell when compared to what happened with the graphics standards getting unified thru Direct X10 for everybody.
I imagine as an ATi employee, or fan, these things would annoy you. However, the stuff gets good reviews, and the customers like it, so I'm sure NVIDIA doesn't really care about your opinion. Proof is in the numbers shadow, and I just showed the board links to NVIDIA dominance in 2009. How do you think it's going to go for ATi in 2010 when their products are going to look so very, very plain?

Quote:
And apart from the NV1,there was also the NV30,and it remains to be seen how fermi shapes up,and that Nvidia also no longer has a licence to make a chipset for intel for the i3/i5/i7 platforms,only the older prescott CPU's....Keep that in mind
Remains to be seen for guys like you, guys like me have known for a while. If I were ATi, I'd start stocking up on the blue police lights* and red pens. Sales and demand are about to take a dive.

* for those unfamiliar, B&M retailer KMart used to have "Blue Light Specials" on merchandise they were clearancing.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]