View Single Post
Old 02-28-10, 09:55 PM   #65
Rollo

Default Re: I know nobody really knows but is a GTX480 going to be faster then a HD5970

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
FACT no matter how you twist it.....Nvidia served the top performance crown on a silver platter to ATI by being this late to the game.
I've never disputed that. Just like you can't dispute they lost discrete marketshare without any competition in the market yet- I guess more people want those features than you think, eh?

Consider how that must seem to ATi-

They had plenty of stock of their 5770 and 5750- the high volume cards- for 10/12 weeks of Q4 2009.....and they LOST marketshare.

They had the DX11 high end all to themselves for all of Q4 2009, good stock for probably half of it......and they LOST marketshare.

They had a VERY strong line of DX10.1 cards competing against dwindling stocks of NVIDIA DX10 cards for all of Q4 2009.....and they LOST marketshare.

The poor slobs at ATi must be thinking "Did a gypsy curse us?!? Is Rollo really the devil?! Is our fanboy Shadow001 not posting the right FUD?!? We couldn't get people to buy our cards with a $100 bill taped to the box!!!"

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]