View Single Post
Old 03-03-10, 02:52 AM   #529
Gnusix

Default Re: FreeBSD-amd64 driver ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander View Post
I've tested the FreeBSD/amd64 driver internally on a system with 8GB of RAM and didn't see any problems specific to that system memory configuration. The Linux/x86-64 driver has been used on configurations with 64GB of RAM for a very long time, so there's a high level of confidence in the core driver. However, I haven't really had a chance to test PAE-enabled FreeBSD/i386 on large memory configurations.
Well, then maybe is a problem I have with my laptop. It is a DELL D630 with an nvidia NVS-135 with FreeBSD8.0/AMD64 STABLE.

I remember my laptop booted fine with 4Gb without X11 (I could log in text mode), but X11 was unable to start with 4Gb. So of course it is not a system problem. I'll attach the message I got with 4Gb. I checked xorg.0.log and I remember I saw nvidia module complained about memory remapping or something similar (I can't tell right now).

I remember trying some configs in /boot/loader.conf (machdep.disable_mttrs, hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range, hw.physmem=4G) someone suggested somewhere, but none of them did the trick.
Gnusix is offline   Reply With Quote