View Single Post
Old 03-08-10, 12:28 PM   #268
Licaon

Default Re: VDPAU testing tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
Perhaps you have flakey hardware, e.g. a bad power-supply or something?
then why would i see this only in the VC-1 clip? the PSU is a Corsair VX450, the CPU is idling at 1000MHz, the GPU temp is under 46C
another thing worth mentioning is that it looks like the last frame gets corrupted and it stays a bit on the screen unchanged
is there any debug version of qvdpautest that i can compile?

Quote:
Re: The 8600 GT issue on the 3D Stereo H.264 Lossless video: (a) I can't download the file because I can't access file-sharing sites; can you please upload it to the NVIDIA File drop mentioned in the sticky post. (b) Judging by your description of the file, VDPAU probably doesn't support this format.
the lossless video corruption issue is seen on both cards with vdpau and on Media Player Classic - Home Cinema with DXVA (in Windows 7) so maybe the encoding settings were messed up by me? ( Virtualdub + latest x264vfw lossless, default )
i've uploaded the video x264_lossless.avi

Quote:
However, we still shouldn't crash. When you say your system restarts, do you mean that the X server exits and restarts, the entire system restarts (you see the BIOS boot screen), or something else? Does the system hang at all before this happens? If so, how long? Thanks.
on the 8600GT system with ANY H264 video (not just the lossless one):
*with -vc ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau, and composition on and -vo vdpau -> window mode ok, fullscreen reboot
*with -vc ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau, and composition on but without -vo vdpau -> window mode ok, fullscreen reboot
*with -vc ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau, and composition off but without -vo vdpau -> instant reboot

i did not try yet with VDPAU_TRACE=1 but i doubt it has time to commit something to disk anyway
Licaon is offline   Reply With Quote