View Single Post
Old 03-17-10, 11:33 PM   #163
Rollo

Default Re: Nvidia may be in trouble according to this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I would buy an AMD GPU, MB or CPU, but right now the i7 is king. I got a i7 920 for $199 and it's great. I still like AMD. The only Nvidia product I'd ever buy was a GPU. I had a Nforce 4 MB and it was horrible. Lots of problems. I think their own chipsets are fail. Of course SLI is great and it rocks that it's in the X58, but beyond that, I don't really see Nvidia doing anything else but GPU cards and GPU's for laptops/mobile devices. I guess their laptop chipset is good, I think Apple is using a variant of that.

I'm leaning towards a 5970 as my next card to replace my 285, which is still a decent performer.
IDK, I loved my NForce motherboards. I never had the problems others did, bit I think it's because I don't OC CPUs in anyway other than bumping an unlocked multiplier on the cpu up a notch.

I think a lot of NVIDIA's problems with the NFORCEs came from they built their rep on being OCing motherboards, and when you jack up the fsb you add more fail points to the mix and increased chance for data handling errors.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote