View Single Post
Old 03-18-10, 01:26 PM   #50
Enrico_be

Default Re: Realistic time frame for Fermi (not happy with 5870)

Manufactures wait and maybe another delay for GTX 400 Series

Quote:
At the moment Iíve only managed to lock in a GTX 470 from NVIDIA directly who have said that getting a GTX 480 isnít possible due to short supply. Thatís fine; I can understand that. So I do what I always do at launch, chase a couple of manufactures for stock and get some retail samples.

I had one company commit to sending the GTX 470 and GTX 480 2 weeks ago but with cards only shipping between the 15th and 19th they didnít feel they would be able to send me full retail packaging. Thatís fine but today being the 19th factories in Taiwan and Honk Kong are still high and dry with no stock, making it at the moment impossible to lock down any retail samples.

Word going around is that the review date has been pushed back to as early as the 29th of March or as late as April 9th which we where first told was just going to be the retail date.

Iíve got a con call with NVIDIA in 10 hours and while weíre under NDA there should still be information I can tell you. Either way Iíll be sure to keep everyone in the loop.
Enrico_be is offline   Reply With Quote