View Single Post
Old 10-25-03, 08:14 PM   #51
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
One more thing i would like to add...

Using the Gunmetal "Benchmark" is Just plain WRONG. It is so clearly Nvidia dare i say it.. um.. biased its not even funny. This is not a case where one card is just better than the other like in some of the other games. This is a game developed entirely on Nvidia hardware for Nvidia hardware..

It is rather disturbing that reviewers cant see that. I say Can it.. I dont care if someday ATi pulls a win or not.. Can it..
Totally agreed! Some games just should never be used as benchmarks, using Gunmetal is about the equivelant of using an nVidia tech demo.

And I don't think I'd call it "reclaiming their position as mainstream leader" so much as "making a decent showing at the midstream section" because the 5700U is no 9600XT killer, not by a long shot.

It's good, but it remains to be seen as to how good and which is going to take that market segment.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote