View Single Post
Old 10-25-03, 11:21 PM   #67
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg
Not hard to tell who the fan boys are, out 'n force as usual.

But here's the subject '.....then this week we find NVIDIA reclaiming their position as a mainstream leader'

Now actually read it, and put it in context. 'Mainstream' is the US$200 price card. The article is specificaly comparing FX5700ultra to 9600XT. The 5700 scores slightly higher in most tests allowing the reviewer to come to his conclusion. Nothing special here.

'...Using the Gunmetal "Benchmark" is Just plain WRONG. It is so clearly Nvidia dare i say it.. um.. biased...'

Yes, it is biased because it was optimised specifically for nV hardware. Just like other games are specifically optimised for Ati hardware. The reviewer just didn't have a copy of HL2 Demo to bench for an opposite perspective.

There is a difference between coding towards a standard and coding for a specific vendor. Other games aren't "optimised for Ati hardware", ATi's hardware is optimized to the standards to which those games were written.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote