View Single Post
Old 03-23-10, 08:54 PM   #51
XMAN52373

Default Re: I have seen the future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
You were the one who took up the whole Havok vs PhysX stuff to begin with - I just said that gpu-accelerated PhysX is a gimmick and you still haven't addressed that argument which was the point to begin with. I honestly don't care what physics engine a game uses as long as it doesn't affect the game itself(which is exactly what nvidia's PhysX does).

This has nothing to do with ATI at all. They are not arguing that nvidia should give them PhysX for free. They are just sticking up for the consumers calling nvidia out on the lies they are feeding us. We don't need a gpu to run those effects currently presented in PhysX titles and that is the truth.

Red Faction:

Mirror's Edge:

Just to prove that you don't need a gpu to simulate broken glass. Funny how a game made in 2001 can look better than a game made in 2009.

What are you talking about? No one is saying that gpu accelerated physics would be WORSE. We all know what PhysX is capable of - what we are saying is that it isn't being utilized for anything beyond what could be done on a cpu.
Its a shame the red faction demo is all scripted crap. No matter he shot the glass, it fall apart exactly the same each and every time. Boring, scripted and preprogrammed.
8GB DDR2 PC8500
Windows 7 U x64
XMAN52373 is offline   Reply With Quote