View Single Post
Old 03-23-10, 10:56 PM   #64
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Default Re: I have seen the future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
I don't understand why you wouldn't.

They're not "preset"; the walls are blown apart at different angles and locations depending on where the impact is and what is shooting at them. When tanks aim at you, the walls are blown apart exactly where you're standing. And debris flies off the walls at different angles depending on where you shoot them at.

I don't know what you consider "physics," but to me that resembles it.

And have you seen the car chase in the single player campaign? When you're being chased by cars and you shoot at them, they respond realistically depending on where the impact is. If the impact is at the back wheels, for example, the back end of the car will spin out. Whereas if the impact is at the front, it will flip over, etc.

There are plenty of good physics effects in that game. I haven't seen anything in Crysis that's any better, honestly.

Guess everyone sees things in their own way.
The game is full of physics, obviously. I'm just saying that the "destruction" contains very little in the way of physics calculations.

When you say this:
Quote:
They're not "preset"; the walls are blown apart at different angles and locations depending on where the impact is and what is shooting at them. When tanks aim at you, the walls are blown apart exactly where you're standing. And debris flies off the walls at different angles depending on where you shoot them at.
Its flat out wrong. I'd love to see an example of the walls actually breaking apart from an impact and not just vanishing in chunks while smoke and moving debris are spawned in. It looks pretty good but from a physics stand point it isn't doing anything new.

Compare what is happening to the actual surfaces in this video:

To this:

Bad Company 2 looks better because of the smoke and excellent graphics all around, but its extremely obvious that things are just deleted and replaced with moving debris that vanishes almost instantly.

I love BC2, I just don't think it makes sense to say the physics are anything ground breaking.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote