View Single Post
Old 03-24-10, 12:07 AM   #68
Xion X2

Default Re: I have seen the future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post

Compare what is happening to the actual surfaces in this video:

To this:

Bad Company 2 looks better because of the smoke and excellent graphics all around, but its extremely obvious that things are just deleted and replaced with moving debris that vanishes almost instantly.

I love BC2, I just don't think it makes sense to say the physics are anything ground breaking.
Well, for one here you need to consider what material it is that you're shooting at. Bricks from your PhysX video react differently than wood in the BF BC video when being shot at. When you shoot grenades at wood, it blows apart like it's supposed to.

But I get where you're trying to go. Honestly, I think that BF BC damage looks more realistic, and in the end that's what matters to me because we're talking about making a game more immersive. When you shoot at bricks with a grenade launcher, they blow apart violently. They don't topple over like a deck of cards like in the PhysX video. Perhaps a few of them may after impact, but not as drastic as the PhysX video makes it out to be. And if you look at the PhysX video, almost every time the guy shoots the bricks fly in the same direction, so I really don't get what's so special about it.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote