View Single Post
Old 03-24-10, 06:41 AM   #75
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: I have seen the future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
It's incredibly long compared to the list of GPU physics accelerated games people can play with ATi cards:
1.<pending?>

It's about to become very difficult to seriously consider an ATi card. For a person to lock themselves out of PhysX and 3D Vision just doesn't make sense. More games are on the way with PhysX, the Unreal guys announced UE3 be optomized for 3d Vision, and TWIMTBP is so widespread it's pretty obvious which direction physics and 3d are going.

And what does AMD have? Oh yeah, they hope their main competitor Intel will help them out with their Havok company, as they have been hoping for years. For 3d they hope some 3rd party vendors who have no presence in the gaming market will develop hardware and drivers for them. Basically they don't want to spend the money to bring a better gaming experience to their customers and they hope someone else will do it for them.

ATi fans will post "Lower power! Cheaper to make!" but in the end people buying will be faced with "Do I want a card that locks me out of CUDA apps, PhysX, 3D Vision, 3D Vision Surround, UE3 AA, ambient occlusion so I can get EyeFinity on one card?"

My guess is they won't and we're about to see big price cuts on ATi products.
Read the thread on PhysX and see how important it really is. 3DVision requires a new monitor, surround three new monitors and a second card. Cuda is worthless unless you fold. All I see are marketing gimmicks. No one cares for eyefinity either. Where are the real performance numbers? You know that thing we actually buy these things for in the first place?
Why do we even let nvidia focus members post on these forums? Corporate shills are what they are. Stick to the nvidia official forums where you belong!